As part of Brand School Masterclass, you have the opportunity for One-on-One Coaching Sessions with Brand School faculty during your semester. Your sessions include:
- 1 :60 minute session with Julie
- 1 :60 minute session with Cheryl
- 1 :30 minute sessions with each of the expanded faculty – Laura, Liz, Alison
Scheduling: Simply click on the scheduling links beneath each faculty member’s bio. When confirming your appointment, please indicate whether you would like to meet by phone (dial in number provided) or Skype or FaceTime. If you would like to Skype or FaceTime please make sure to provide your Skype name or cell phone number in advance.
Preparation: If there are specific materials you want to review during your sessions, please please upload them here 24 hours before your scheduled time.
If you would like to share a file with your advisor for your One-on-One, you may upload it here.
- JULIE COTTINEAUCreator & Lead InstructorTo contact Julie for your One on One, call 641-715-3836 and use access code #123812JULIE COTTINEAUCreator & Lead Instructor
Julie is the Creator, Dean and Lead Instructor of Brand School Master Class. She shares her infectious passion and deep expertise for branding weekly in the Brand School videos, homework assignments, community pages and one on one sessions. She’s also the Founder and CEO of BrandTwist, a brand consultancy that helps corporate clients build their brands into tangible business assets.
Julie was the VP of Brand at Richard Branson’s Virgin Group overseeing branding strategy for new and established Virgin companies in North America. Prior to joining Virgin, Julie served as Executive Director of Consumer Branding at Interbrand as well as a VP Management Supervisor at Grey Worldwide in both the U.S. and France.
She’s has been an Adjunct Professor of Integrated Marketing Communications at Columbia and Cornell universities. After teaching in traditional classrooms, she recognized a need for a more hands-on and actionable brand learning approach for small businesses, entrepreneurs and non profits who needed to more effectively compete with the Big Boys; thus Brand School was born. Since its creation in 2012, Brand School has helped 100’s of entrepreneurs develop more focused and distinctive brands that help them more effectively tell their story, attract higher value customers and communicate more consistently and professionally. Julie is a big fan of the TWIST – applying out of category thinking to break through. Ask her about her Pet Rock story…
- ALISON SHEEHYPhotography and Photo EditingTo schedule your One-on-One with Alison, email her at email@example.comALISON SHEEHYPhotography and Photo Editing
Alison specializes in professional portrait photography. She helps Brand School students use photography such as headshots to bring to life their unique personal brands. She also gives advice on using photography (stock and original) to communicate the distinctive Brand Ideas and Brand Pillars that are created in class. As the Owner of Alison Sheehy photography, she guides her clients through every step of the process from what to wear, how to get the most out of a portrait session, to choosing final images that best express your brand and mission.
Alison began her career in front of the camera as an actress in film and television and performed on Broadway so she knows how to set her clients at ease and what it takes to bring out the best to get the image you want to portray to the world. She now works behind the camera specializing in professional portrait photography with an emphasis on women entrepreneurs.
Shooting portraits in studio and environmental settings, Alison has almost three decades of photography photo editing experience. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, USA Today, Variety and the Old House Journal. Alison is also a Brand School graduate.
- LIZ OSTINGWeb and Print DesignerTo schedule your One-on-One with Liz, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.LIZ OSTINGWeb and Print Designer
Liz Osting is principal of Herculiz, a one-stop-shop, graphic design company. They help small businesses with all of their needs – from logos and branding to websites and everything in between for the past 15 years.
When Liz began kindergarten, her teacher recognized a spark and allowed her to progress through the grades at her own pace. Because of this she graduated at age 15.
Because she was in charge of her own learning, she became organized. At the same time she felt drawn to art and her family encouraged it. She earned a degree in art and taught for several years, but couldn’t help thinking that there was a way to help people even more.
“When I took my skillset into a second degree in Graphic Design I finally felt satisfied that I could be creative and at the same time push people to stay focused and improve on their passion, the way I was taught.”
She pushes clients to stay on brand with their logos and websites, and get things done, in a creative way.
Oh, and when Liz isn’t designing the hell out of life, she’s flying through the air as trapeze artist.
- LAURA WINSTONIntellectual Property LawTo schedule your One-on-One with Laura, email her at Laurawinston@kimwinston.comLAURA WINSTONIntellectual Property Law
Laura serves as our in-house legal advisor for Brand School, providing students with insight into issues around trademarking brand assets such as names, taglines and logos. Laura is a Founding Partner of Kim Winston LLP and focuses her law practice primarily in the areas of trademarks, copyrights and the internet. She represents a broad range of clients from individual business owners and small startup ventures to established Fortune 100 companies.
She began her legal career over 20 years ago and gained her experience at large general practice firms as well as small intellectual property boutiques. She works with businesses in diverse industries including pharmaceuticals, alternative energy, cosmetics, computer-related goods and services, and travel and tourism.
Laura is an active member of many associations including International Trademark Association (“INTA”) serving on many of their committees and is also the founder of the WWBA’s Intellectual Property Committee. She has also participated in several of Brand School’s live workshops, applying our best practices to her own brand.
- CHERYL E. FISHERTeaching AssistantCHERYL E. FISHERTeaching AssistantCheryl Fisher is a marketing maven and education enthusiast. An Alumni of Brand School, Cheryl has persevered with her personal TWIST, founding HelloMethod and devoting her skills to help schools of all kinds continue to grow through powerful marketing.Audience engagement is the founding principle for HelloMethod. Cheryl knows the commitment to understanding your audience is the key to delivering real and ongoing results - for all businesses. Her perspective comes from her leadership and management positions at innovative media and education companies like Getty Images, Omnicom Group and GEMS Education, as well as her independent client work.Cheryl loves travelling, getting lost in city streets and rediscovering the world with her children. She lives in Northern Westchester with her husband and two spirited learners, where you can hear the wind blowing through the trees yet the beat of NYC is only a short train ride away.